Friday, June 8, 2007

Sad news for me

I just found out that Presidential Candidate, the second, who happens to be Giuliani, is coming in next Friday, while I will be en route to Paris. I was so looking forward to seeing him, especially after hearing a Day to Day piece on him back in May where Madeline Brand interviewed a reporter (Michael Wolff) who had covered him as Mayor of NY and was now writing a Vanity Fair piece on him where he claimed Giuliani was insane. As in, off his rocker. Totally unpredictable. He referred to an incident on Giuliani's radio show where he berated a ferret owner who had called in after a law was passed banning ferrets, and apparently he just lost it with the caller, calling him names and being extremely offensive. Mr. Wolff also pointed to the fact that Giuliani had announced his divorce to his then-wife through a press conference as more evidence that he had some screws loose. I'm used to politicians being referred to as inflexible, extreme, or offensive, but insane is a whole other thing. And now I'm going to miss seeing him in person. Bummer.

No comments: