Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Lowbrow

I am a thirty year old woman who watches Gilmore Girls. Well actually I haven't watched it for the past few months because we upgraded our Media Center and it's gotten so lame that I forgot to add it back to my set of shows to record. However, I just remembered last week and found out that tonight is the finale of the series.
I'm happy to report that NPR doesn't always just report on stuff we can feel superior for knowing, but occasionally, it does cover lame pop culture. Today on Day to Day, they did a fun piece interviewing a bunch of Gilmore Girls fans and covering topics like the show's recent ratings, why the show sucked the past year (apparently the main writer quit last year right after making Luke and Lorelai break up) and spoilers about the finale. I kind of felt like I'd been sneaking a read at People magazine in the supermarket checkout, but I have to say, I really enjoyed the piece.

No comments: