Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Nothing much to say

NPR has been disappointing as a conversational topic recently. There have been a lot of interesting stories, such as the one I heard today comparing the Iraq War to Ford - bad images, falling stock price, same marketing campaign ("the way forward!" vs. "the new way forward!"), but none that really inspire long discussions or blog entries.

My Business Week subscription has recently started showing up and generally contains good fodder for thoughtful discussion, but since I've been busy reading my upcoming book club book - In the Shadow of the Ark by Anne Provoost, as well as the Sabriel series by Garth Nix, I haven't really started reading any of the magazines in depth.

Usually I would have heard something interesting at the FOT lunch, but this week I couldn't make it because, due to some technical difficulties that our IT folks can't seem to figure out, others can't see my schedule and therefore tend to schedule me when I'm already booked. Normally I would just decline the overlapping meeting, but it was hard to justify turning down my manager, who wanted me to meet with his manager during the FOT lunch. I hear they had fun without me though.

I did get to attend Scottish dance class last night, something that doesn't happen too frequently. Tuesday Night Family Night usually ends up with us deciding that drinking more wine sounds much more appealing than going out. However, this time C was teaching class so off we went, and while I didn't hear any thought-provoking news, I did get to be berated by a gentleman for quite some time because apparently Microsoft doesn't write error messages in proper English and it's all my fault.

Perhaps next week will be more inspiring? I've been called for jury duty at the Kirkland Municipal Court so I'm hoping for exciting tales to share. Wish me luck.

No comments: